Interest in the non-surgical management of knee osteoarthritis has grown exponentially over the past several decades. In particular, there has been a significant increase in the amount of research being conducted on injection-based treatments for the management of osteoarthritis. As a result, recent evidence has put into question the use of certain injection-based treatments for the management of knee osteoarthritis. This 1.5-hour live webinar will provide an overview of the evidence for injection-based treatments for knee osteoarthritis (corticosteroid, hyaluronic acid, platelet-rich plasma and stem cell) and provide healthcare professionals with evidence-based recommendations to inform their clinical practice.
A recording of the webinar is available for purchase for $40 CAD.
Certificates of participation will be sent to the participants by email following the webinar.
* You can view the online course whenever you want, there is no deadline for completion.
* Within a maximum of 24 business hours following your purchase (8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday to Friday), you will receive all the necessary information by email to view the course.
By the end of this 1.5-hour live webinar, participants will be able to:
- Appreciate the complex, multifactorial nature of knee osteoarthritis.
- Understand best-practice recommendations regarding core management strategies for knee osteoarthritis.
- Understand the potential mechanisms of action, benefits, harms and limitations of injection-based treatments for knee osteoarthritis (corticosteroid, hyaluronic acid, platelet-rich plasma and stem cell).
- Think critically about injection-based treatments for knee osteoarthritis and identify potential treatment alternatives.
- Clearly and concisely explain to patients available injection-based treatment options for knee osteoarthritis, as well as their potential benefits, harms and limitations.
- What is knee osteoarthritis?
- Summary of core management strategies for knee osteoarthritis
- Corticosteroid injections
- Hyaluronic acid injections
- Platelet-rich-plasma injection
- Stem cell injections
- Mechanisms of action
- Potential benefits and harms
- Limitations and potential treatment alternatives