Interest in the non-surgical management of knee osteoarthritis has grown exponentially over the past several decades. In particular, there has been a significant increase in the amount of research being conducted on injection-based treatments for the management of osteoarthritis. As a result, recent evidence has put into question the use of certain injection-based treatments for the management of knee osteoarthritis.
This 1.5-hour live webinar will provide an overview of the evidence for injection-based treatments for knee osteoarthritis (corticosteroid, hyaluronic acid, platelet-rich plasma and stem cell) and provide healthcare professionals with evidence-based recommendations to inform their clinical practice.
Points that will be covered in this webinar include:
- What is knee osteoarthritis
- Summary of core management strategies for knee osteoarthritis
- Corticosteroid injections
- Hyaluronic acid injections
- Platelet-rich-plasma injection
- Stem cell injections
- The following will be discussed for each type of injection
- Mechanisms of action
- Potential benefits and harms
- Limitations and potential treatment alternatives
At the end of this presentation, a question period is offered to allow participants to ask questions or present clinical cases to Anthony Teoli.
“Your webinar was a new, unaddressed and extremely informative topic. Thank you for the new information!”
“Good, dynamic presentation with relevant examples.”
* Within a maximum of 24 business hours following your purchase (8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday to Friday), you will receive all the necessary information by email to view the course.
Interested in this online course, but want to learn more about it? Click here to access the full course.
Visit our blog “Clinical Classification Criteria for Knee Osteoarthritis” to learn more.
Interested in the “Musculoskeletal” theme? Click here to discover the online courses on the subject.
By the end of this 1.5-hour live webinar, participants will be able to:
- Appreciate the complex, multifactorial nature of knee osteoarthritis.
- Understand best-practice recommendations regarding core management strategies for knee osteoarthritis.
- Understand the potential mechanisms of action, benefits, harms and limitations of injection-based treatments for knee osteoarthritis (corticosteroid, hyaluronic acid, platelet-rich plasma and stem cell).
- Think critically about injection-based treatments for knee osteoarthritis and identify potential treatment alternatives.
- Clearly and concisely explain to patients available injection-based treatment options for knee osteoarthritis, as well as their potential benefits, harms and limitations.