Short course in replay.
Interest in the non-surgical management of knee osteoarthritis has grown exponentially over the past several decades. In particular, there has been a significant increase in the amount of research being conducted on injection-based treatments for the management of osteoarthritis. As a result, recent evidence has put into question the use of certain injection-based treatments for the management of knee osteoarthritis. This 1.5-hour course will provide an overview of the evidence for injection-based treatments for knee osteoarthritis (corticosteroid, hyaluronic acid, platelet-rich plasma and stem cell) and provide healthcare professionals with evidence-based recommendations to inform their clinical practice.
This short 1.5 hour training will provide an overview of the evidence for injection therapies for knee osteoarthritis (corticosteroid, hyaluronic acid, platelet-rich plasma, and stem cells) and provide health care professionals with evidence-based recommendations to inform their clinical practice.
The following are the topics that will be covered in this short course:
- What is knee osteoarthritis
- Summary of key management strategies for knee OA
- Corticosteroid injections
- Hyaluronic acid injections
- Platelet-rich plasma injections
- Stem cell injections
- The following points will be discussed for each type of injection
- Mechanisms of action
- The potential advantages and disadvantages
- Limitations and possible treatment alternatives
“Your webinar was a new, untreated and extremely informative topic. Thank you for the new information!”
“Good, dynamic presentation with relevant examples.”
Are you interested in this online course, but want to learn more about it? Click here to access the complete course.
Visit our blog “Clinical Classification Criteria for Osteoarthritis of the Knee” to learn more.
Interested in the “Musculoskeletal” theme? Click here to discover the online courses on the subject.
By the end of this 1.5-hour live webinar, participants will be able to:
- Appreciate the complex, multifactorial nature of knee osteoarthritis.
- Understand best-practice recommendations regarding core management strategies for knee osteoarthritis.
- Understand the potential mechanisms of action, benefits, harms and limitations of injection-based treatments for knee osteoarthritis (corticosteroid, hyaluronic acid, platelet-rich plasma and stem cell).
- Think critically about injection-based treatments for knee osteoarthritis and identify potential treatment alternatives.
- Clearly and concisely explain to patients available injection-based treatment options for knee osteoarthritis, as well as their potential benefits, harms and limitations.