This online course by Bahram Jam, founder of the Advanced Physical Therapy Education Institute (APTEI), will review the basic approach to the physical evaluation of the temporomandibular joint (TMJ). Video lessons are provided in a clear and concise manner in order to ensure an effective and enjoyable learning experience. The course material is referenced from up to date research articles.
The temporomandibular joint (TMJ) is one of the most used, yet ignored joints in the body. Clinicians don’t regularly evaluate the TMJ since it is often not a patient’s primary complaint, when in fact it may be the primary source of the patient’s symptoms. The TMJ should be evaluated for all patients who report:
- Headaches (especially in the temporal region)
- Upper cervical pain and stiffness
- Local pain and clicking in the TMJ
Learn more about TMJ management by joining this online course!
* You can view the course online whenever you want, there is no deadline for completion.
* Within a maximum of 24 business hours following your purchase (8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday to Friday), you will receive all necessary information by email to view the training.
Gain practical knowledge of the possible anatomical factors leading to TMJ pain & dysfunctions
Gain confidence in identifying that various classifications of TMD
Learn to provide detailed patient education for self-management based on their unique presentation
Review highly effective muscular retraining exercises & manual therapies