This course will address specific problems related to the different cancer sites (breast, prostate, lungs, head, neck, hematopathies). It will focus on the rehabilitation of advanced disease and more complex functional problems related to cancer treatment interventions. It will include protocols for managing common reconstructive surgeries, exercise progressions for patients with bone metastasis, lower limb lymphedema, and palliative care. In addition, select topics on differential diagnosis of cancer related musculoskeletal conditions, rehabilitation and vocational counseling for return to work, and setting up a rehabilitation oncology practice in both public and private clinical settings will be covered.
Module 1 : Breast cancer reconstruction and rehabilitation
Module 2: Rehabilitation of patients with head & neck cancers
Module 3: Soft Tissue and Bone Sarcoma
Module 4: Management of patients with bone metastasis –Part 1
Module 5: Management of patients with bone metastasis –Part 2
Module 6: Rehabilitation of patients with advanced disease and principles of palliative care
Module 7: Gynecological Cancer-Related Lymphedema: Considerations for an Under-Represented Lymphedema Population
Module 8: Return to work (RTW) following cancer treatment
Module 9: Differential diagnosis of common conditions related to cancer
Module 10: Models of care and cancer rehabilitation service development
* Within a maximum of 24 business hours following your purchase (8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday to Friday), you will receive all necessary information by email to view the course.
See the description of Level 1 and Level 2 (prerequisite) by clicking below.
- Derive intervention strategies for more complex patient populations with significant rehabilitation needs. These populations will include:
- Head & neck cancer patients with reconstructive surgery
- Breast cancer patients with reconstructive surgery
- Young patients with osteosarcoma
- Patients in palliative care with advanced disease and multiple metastasis
- Educate and prescribe exercises for patients with more advanced cancers
- Manage risk, educate and prescribe exercises for cancer patients with bone metastasis and facial or lower limb lymphedema
- Recognize barriers to return to work and develop diverse rehabilitation programs to retain cancer patients in the workforce.
- Develop a cancer rehabilitation program in public or private clinical settings based upon successful models of care in the literature