Pelvic belt pain affects many pregnant and postpartum women and affects their function and quality of life. This pain is also under-recognized and under-treated, and many women are told that back, pubic and/or hip pain is just a normal part of pregnancy that tends to improve after childbirth. In fact, in one study (Pierce 2012), 71% of pregnant women who reported low back and pelvic pain told their health care professionals about their pain, and only 25% received any treatment for their condition. The reality is that pelvic girdle pain can be significantly improved during pregnancy and postpartum, allowing pregnant women to function well and enjoy their pregnancy.
This online course is therefore very relevant for all therapists who may encounter pregnant and postpartum women in the course of their work. In this online course, you will learn how to assess and treat pregnancy-related pelvic girdle pain (sacroiliac, lumbosacral and/or pubic pain or dysfunction).
This course is a prerequisite for the 2-day practical course: Pregnancy-Related Pelvic Belt Pain and Dysfunction. It is in the practical course that you will be able to apply the knowledge acquired during this online training.
* You can view the course online whenever you want, there is no deadline for completion.
* Within a maximum of 24 business hours following your purchase (8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday to Friday), you will receive all necessary information by email to view the training.
1. To know and understand the anatomy and biomechanics of the joints of the pelvis
2. Know what the scientific literature tells us about PGP and its impact on pregnancy, labour and delivery, and the postpartum period.
3. Understand and differentiate between the different clinical patterns of PGPs
4. Assess PGPs and properly identify differential diagnoses
5. Treating PGPs and knowing how to apply the Röst Therapy method well