With an aging population, the prevalence of age-related spinal conditions is progressively increasing. Symptoms relatable to spinal stenosis now account for up to 30% of patients with spinal complaints in primary care. Physiotherapists who appreciate the natural course, differential diagnosis, assessment, medical/surgical, exercise and manual therapy treatment options available can safely and effectively manage this growing patient population.
- Review of normal age-related changes in the lumbar spine
- Differential diagnosis of spinal stenosis
- Medical and surgical management
- Physiotherapy management
* Within a maximum of 24 business hours following your purchase (8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday to Friday), you will receive all the necessary information by email to view the course.
Interested in this subject? Click here to discover the entire course.
Interested in the “Musculoskeletal” theme? Click here to discover the online courses on this subject!
- Know the natural aging process of the spine;
- Know the differential diagnosis of spinal stenosis;
- Understand the medical management and red flags associated with spinal stenosis;
- Be aware of medical and surgical options for spinal stenosis;
- Be familiar with physical therapy management of spinal stenosis including self-treatment options and manual therapy.