Vaginal weights were originally Incepted in the 1980’s as a tool to train proprioception In the pelvic floor muscles. The use of vaginal weights has since expanded and can be used to train pelvic floor muscle endurance, strength, awareness, and as a means of re-education for the pelvic floor muscles. Their use has been studied in various patient populations including those with urinary incontinence and overactive bladder.
This one hour course will present the indications and evidence behind training protocols using vaginal weights for patients with underactive pelvic floor muscle impairments.
- Introduction to the concept of vaginal weights and their use
- Evidence for use of weights for patients with:
- Urinary Incontinence
- Overactive bladder
- Vaginal Weights Training Principles for use in a robust pelvic rehabilitation program
- Examples of exercises and training principles using vaginal weights
* You can view the online course whenever you want, there is no deadline for completion.
* Within a maximum of 24 business hours following your purchase (8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday to Friday), you will receive all the necessary information by email to view the course.
- The learner will understand the role of vaginal weights in proprioceptive training of the pelvic floor
- The learner will discern which patient populations will benefit from use of vaginal weights to address pelvic floor dysfunction
- The learner will comprehend how to integrate vaginal weight use into a functional strengthening program for patients with underactive pelvic floor dysfunction.