Following this presentation, the participant will be able to understand the effects of physical training on youth and the sports or activities to be encouraged or not. Early specialization in sport will be approached from a scientific point of view.
Module 1 : Physical training in youth
- Presentation of the advantages and disadvantages of the different types of training for young people such as :
- Overview of scientific evidence specific to different sports such as :
Module 2 : Sport specialization, sport readiness and endurance training
- Early sports specialization: advantageous or not?
- Presentation of scientific evidence related to early sport specialization
- Basic Principle of Readiness for Sports
- What about youth endurance training?
* You can view the online training whenever you want, there is no deadline for completion.
* When the training is available, you will receive all the necessary information by email to view the training.
- Advise parents and athletes on healthy progression in sport
- Advise parents and athletes on early sport specialization
- Discuss the different training modalities available to a young athlete